Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Castor oil review




Many of you may have read that last month I ordered some castor oil for my hair from ebay. I read tons of reviews and results about castor oil and how it had made peoples hair longer and thicker. I have wanted long hair for so long and my hair is really thick but just doesn't seem to grow much, so this seemed perfect for me. You can read about the castor oil and where I got it from in my earlier post. So my castor oil within 3 days of me placing my order and I so couldn't wait to try. The castor oil is a thick vaseline like consistency but when you rub it into your hair it warms up and turns more into a liquid consistency. This is what it looks like on my hair, my roots are clearly greasy. I certainly wouldn't leave the house with it on but overnight and when I'm not doing anything it's fine. It also smells nice with a bit of a coconut scent.


How I apply it
I put it straight onto my hair dry as if it was wet the oil doesn't mix very well with water and would go all funny. So I use a tail comb and hair sectioning clips to section my hair off starting at the nape of my neck. I section it then rub it along the roots of my hair and then a little on the ends. Then move up about an inch of a section and repeat until I get to the top of my head, rubbing into the roots and ends of my hair each time. Then I massage it all into my hair to stimulate hair growth and ensure it's all rubbed in nicely (it's also quite relaxing). To finish I just clip it up on top of my head and rub in some oil around my hairline and all done! It only takes 5 minutes to apply and I usually leave it on overnight (around 10 hours) I apply it once or twice a week.

I have seen a massive improvement in the appearance of my hair and it's a lot shinier now and the new hair growing through seems really thick and healthy. It also seals my split ends and I don't know how much my hair has grown but It's definitely grown at a faster rate than before. I'm going to continue using it and hopefully I will have hair like Rapunzel soon!

 



13 comments:

  1. oooh I want to try this now ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your blog!!!
    have a great day !! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this! My hair is kind of long, but it grows sooo slow! It's taken me a couple years just to get it to where it is now! Thank you for the post!

    I love your blog and I'm your newest follower! I'm still pretty new to blogging and I would love it if you could check out mine and follow back! xoxo

    ramblingsfromyourstruly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect for me, my hair doesnt seem to grow at all any more. I just followed your lovely blog :o)

    Over on my blog I am having a Mac lipstick and eyeshadow give away |I would love for you to enter:

    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/mac-lipstick-eyeshadow-give-away.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should try it i love it so much! Thank you i'll head over now :) xx

      Delete
  5. That sounds great! I have really long, thick hair already, but I'm always looking for products to help it look healthier. Maybe I'll try this out for split ends and shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blog!

    sexdrugsmarriage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your hair color!
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiii I've just come across your blog now and I am so glad! I too am trying to grow my hair but it doesn't seem to go past a certain length, so I may have to buy this bad boy and test it myself! Love your blog, I'm going to follow :) Will you be posting more on the progress of your hair? xx

    http://prettyprettypenny.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. your hair looks so shiny!

    http://warpaint-co.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use a tiny bit of castor oil on my lashes and brows and it really helps with the texture. Not sure about the length but they definitely look better X

    ReplyDelete