Saturday, 15 September 2012

Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment

I have seen this treatment on so many blogs and for some reason I never thought to buy it. Until I went into my local boots and found the Lee Stafford range on 3 for £12 and I had to get it! I have been using castor oil to help my hair grow as it's at the funny below the shoulder length and refusing to grow any further. The castor oil is great but it's gross putting it on and takes so long to rinse out. So this product is like a godsend for me, it describes my hair perfectly 'for hair that never grows past a certain length'. So here are my thoughts on this product...


The first thing I do when I buy a hair product is smell it and this smells gorgeous. It's a pretty unexpected smell as I usually have products which smell like coconut but this is a flowery scent which I can't describe well but yes it's sooo nice. Lee advises to use it in between shampoo and conditioner.The consistency is similar to that of a conditioner and it basically says to apply an egg sized amount right from the ends of your hair and onto your scalp too. I find an 'egg size' a bit too much and if I used that much I wouldn't have any left. It's important to squeeze all the water out of your hair too before you slather it on as water dilutes the treatment. Once I've put it all over my hair I massage it into my scalp and then brush it through with my tangle teezer and leave it in for a good 5-10 minutes. It's best to apply in the bath as you need to leave it on a while in order to work and you can grab a good magazine whilst you're waiting.

So does it work?
I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and I already have at least an inch and a half root regrowth, I only got it highlighted 3 weeks ago too so I can definitely see an improvement. The tub also lasts longer than I thought as you can see below this is how much I have left after 2 weeks use, although I do only wash my hair 3 times a week. My hair is so much softer and shinier too (see photo of my shiny hair!) and I find it easier to brush and just manage in general. The lovely smell of the product lasts on your hair too I always find myself smelling it because it's gorgeous. The treatment hasn't made my hair greasier or anything either which can be a problem with the castor oil. Overall I really love this product and I wouldn't go back to castor oil anytime soon. I hope it continues to work and I'm going to keep it up, seen as I have another 2 tubs to go anyhow. Obviously it's not going to grow 2 inch over night but this stuff works. I'll let you know if I wake up with rapunzel hair anytime soon!

 
 
 
What Lee Stafford products do you own? Do they all smell as gorgeous as this does? Hope you're enjoying your weekends lots of love...
 
 

15 comments:

  1. I without a doubt agree with you that this product works! Some people think it doesn't but just like you I can tell how much growth I have by my roots and this is definitely doing something. Even if it wasn't it's still great for keeping hair super soft and shiny like an intensive conditioner :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss I'm glad you think so too, how long have you been using it? It's such a lovely product isn't it xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds really promising, might have to look into it.
    Most Lee Stafford smells lovely... except the heat protection sprays, those are generally pretty awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would recommend it. Oh that's a pitty I really need a new heat protection spray too xx

      Delete
  3. That sounds quite impressive! I love the lee stafford stuff so I think I will try this out :) thanks for reviewing! x

    Holly's Beauty Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  4. Your hair is gorgeous! & I agree I think it really does work and it smells AMAZING xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you I just wish it was longer. Oh good I'm glad it works for you too, yessss it's so nice I want to eat it ha xx

      Delete
  5. Wanna try this out as ive never found anything to help my hair grow :( xx

    abrunettesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely recommend it, go for it! xx

      Delete
  6. I've just found your blog through a comment you left on someone elses! Love this review, I keep seeing such good reviews about this product, I'm going to have to get it cos my hair has just stopped growing :( xx

    misskirstymarie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog, I´m following you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used this product last summer and I 100% noticed the increase in growth. my hair was the longest its ever been. since then i had a trim and i have noticed that my hair seems to have not grown at all. if anything it seems shorter. (i think it is breaking off at the ends faster than the rate it is growing) and i have noticed more ends being broken off when i brush it over the sink and can see the short snapped off ends in he basin.

    I recently started using the Kerastase products as i thought perhaps and expensive product would work well and i have seen absolutely no improvement or change in my hair in 1 month. I am definitely going to start using this product again because it is the only thing i have used that has worked.

    I think i will take some pictures too as yours look great and i want to see my hair improve this much!
    Trisha xx

    ReplyDelete