Wednesday, 12 September 2012

My current skin routine


Today is a post all about the products I currently use on my face. This isn't a daily skincare routine as I have eczema and dry skin I don't get oily/spotty skin so I don't feel I need to wash and cleanse all the time, sometimes I just need moisture. I have perioral dermatitis around my mouth, which has cleared up a lot now and is just a little dry sometimes but I keep it moisturised and it's ok. So these are the products I currently use...

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Mild
I love clinique products even their makeup products are lovely. I tend to use this product daily/every other day but as it's mild it doesn't dry my skin out so it's a good one for my type of skin. It has a pump at the top too which is really good for getting the right amount out and you don't get the messy lids like with some bottles. Me and my Mum both use this and it's lasted us months! I would definitely recommend clinique to anyone with skin problems or dry skin like me. I always buy clinique when it's 'bonus time' too as you get a little makeup bag and freebies too!
 
Superdrug Clarity Blackhead Cleanser
I'm not too sure whether superdrug still sell this as I've had it ages, but I'm sure they have something similar. I don't get spots very often but I do have blackheads which are so annoying and don't look very nice, so I apply this product on my nose and chin and it really helps clear them up. This is another product I only use every other day and I don't apply it to my whole face but it make my face feel really fresh and tingly which I like. I like the dispenser at the top of this as it's like a pop up lid (which I can't explain very well) but I'm sure this is only cheap to purchase and it works for me so I'm not complaining.
 
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Scrub
I use this product around once/twice a week never every day as it's too harsh for using everyday. It has little beads in and foams up really nice on your skin. I apply it to all of my face, except around my mouth as this would cause havoc with my perioral. It has a nice smell too which is always good and makes my skin feel really fresh. It has reduced the appearance of my blackheads as now they don't look so black but they haven't completely gone. I'm sure you can get this from any drugstore or supermarket and it wont be too pricey.
 
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream
I bought this when I first started getting dry skin around my mouth way  before I went to the doctors. It is lovely and gentle and not too thick so you can apply it then put your makeup on over the top. I chose it for the aloe soothing properties and the fact it's not perfumed like some face creams. You can't go wrong with body shop and their ethos is so good. I also have the night cream in this but it's a bit thicker and I tend to use that in the winter.
 
California Baby Calendula Cream
So I bought this cream after researching what helps to get rid of perioral dermatitis. The cream is from America and I could only get it off Amazon. Calendula cream is known for it's skin healing properties and it's antibacterial aswell. I apply this around my mouth everyday and night and it does really help my dry skin. It has more or less cleared now but flares up when I get stressed which isn't good. I would recommend this if you have dermatitis, eczema or you can even use it on nipples when breastfeeding. I think I got this for £12 and it's only a little 50ml tub but with the amount I put on a day I think it will take me up to Christmas.
 
 
Have you tried any of these products? What's your daily skincare routine?
 
 

30 comments:

  1. I love the clinique skincare line! I use the mild cleanser too, and also the toner for sensitive skin from their 3 step skni-care line. Its so good for dry skin!
    I'm tempted to try the body shop cream, i always find it so hard to find moisturisers that don't make my dry skin irritated and flare up. This looks like it would be a good option for me :)

    lashesandlaces.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love clinique too I have the toner and moisturiser and the eye makeup remover is so good too. Yeah it's a really lovely cream I have the cleanser which goes with it too which is really lovely too. xxx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried of these products above.
    I'm thinking of trying that Clinique.

    P.S. Thank you darling!
    I'm now following you back on GFC.
    So see you again on my blog.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely say try clinique they're products are amazing, thank you xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your blog!
    Really cute!
    I follow you now :)
    Hope you follow back!
    Ila.
    http://morethingsaboutfashion.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey :)
      Of course I'll follow xx

      Delete
  4. Amazing blog :) I follow You now and I hope that you like my blog too! Have a great day ❤

    xx San
    owlspassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post lovely :)

    I also use the Neutrogena scrub every now & then !

    Love India

    www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you chick :)
      I love it my face looks so much better after a good scrub ha
      xx

      Delete
  6. hii :))
    great blog. I also use neutrogena
    follow each other maybe? :))
    our blog is RUNAWAY: http://secretly-loved.blogspot.de/
    xx V + J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good scrub for blackheads,
      I'll check it out now xx

      Delete
  7. I love Clinque and Neutrogena as well! Now following.

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both have some really good products, especially clinique.
      Thank you I'll follow back xx

      Delete
  8. i love Neutrogena, it's such an amazing brand :)
    great post, it's so nice to know your skincare routine. thanks for sharing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and it's so cute! Definitely following :)
    I'd love if you'd check out mine and follow back if you like.
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks :) I'd love to I'll check it out now xx

      Delete
  10. I love Clinique skin care :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too they have lovely products x

      Delete
  11. I use the blackhead scrub and it works wonders for my skin! xx

    thewondersofwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know it doesn't just work on my skin, it's a lovely product xx

      Delete
  12. the products are amazing *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. maybe follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog. I have to try these cosmetics
    Maybe u wanna follow each other? ;) If u wanna let me know! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I'd love to follow xx

      Delete
  14. I've got the clinique facial soap but for some reason I don't get along with it! I always seem to get it everywhere and in my mouth and it tastes so gross! It's a shame because the moisturising gel is my absolutely favourite. I do love bonus time though too!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I get eczema on my face too and i realllly hate it, try adding a tiny bit of olive oil to your moisturiser works wonders xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete