Tuesday, 9 October 2012

October Wishlist

 
1. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit £21.50
I have seen this on so many blogs and they all have gorgeous flawless skin. I love mineral products as they're good for you skin and this claims to provide an 'ultra deluxe polish to the skin', how amazing does that sound. It also looks aesthetically pleasing, even though it is quite dark it doesn't seem to show like this on skin. I really need to try this soon!
 
2. Real Techniques Buffing Brush (core collection £21.99)
Now correct me if I'm wrong but I think this comes in the core collection set and I'm not sure whether you can buy it individually. But I've been torn between the buffing brush and the stippling brush, they seem very similar so I would love it if someone could let me know the difference or recommend the better brush for me. I want this brush to use for my foundation as I don't like the traditional foundation brushes so I tend to use my fingers. I like the idea of the brush buffing it into your skin instead of just painting it on. So if anyone has tried any of the real techniques brushes let me know.
 
3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation £10.99
I have been wanting a new foundation for ages, there isn't really anything wrong with the Avon one I currently use I just like to switch it up a bit. I like the sounds of this because it appears to be 'kind' for your skin and I have also heard it is not drying like some foundations. I had my eye on the Mac Studio Fix foundation because I like the finish it has but I'm worried it will be really drying on my skin. If you have dry skin or dry patches and know a good foundation I would love it if you got in touch.
 
4. Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask £5.95
I love the Lush ethos of cruelty free and they offer a lot of vegan products which is great, this is one of them. It look edible and so yummy I would be pretty tempted to eat it rather than put it on my face. But the properties of this mask sound great too 'has linseed infusion to nourish and soften the skin, fresh mint for toning, cocoa butter to moisturise and rhassoul mud to absorb grease and give a deep cleanse'. I think I'll be stopping by at my local lush soon and picking this up, yum yum.
 
5. Mua Nail Constellation in Pisces £3
I have been looking for a cheaper version of the lovely Ciate Nail Caviar and I this recent release by MUA looks perfect and is a bargain too. They are basically just little beads that you put onto a wet clear coat and they stick on. It's great for an accent nail and they have a range of other beads too, there is one colour which looks perfect for Christmas. I have been trying to find a Superdrug that stocks these for ages I think next time I go in I'll ask when they have an MUA delivery because I really want to try this out.
 
6. Lush H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Mask
I first saw this on Em's blog and as I love hair treatments and masks and generally hair products I knew it had to be one for the wishlist. The mask claims to 'improve the condition, lustre and combability of the hair', it's also their best seller and is out of stock on the website and it also doesn't say a price. I think I'm going to have to pick this one up from the Lush in town, whilst probably picking up a range of other products I can't resist. But this mask does look amazing and they recommend you leave it on for 20 minutes which is always good as the longer the better right.
 
Are any of these products on your wishlist? If you use any of the real techniques brushes let me know what you think is best for foundation application! xxx
 
 

23 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! I would recommend the buffing brush over the stippling brush as it will give a better finish and it is quicker to apply foundation that way. The stippling brush has different length fibres and you literally stipple the product onto the face (time consuming) but it is good for cream products like cream blushers or highlighters.
    Essay over!
    I love the sound of the hair mask too, if you get it you should definitely do a review! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily I'm gonna get myself a buffing brush then :) It sounds amazing doesn't it I deffo will xxx

      Delete
  2. Love lush products !! all of them are amazing and they smell amazing too!!
    and you should def. start trying number 3! its an amazing foundation :)

    xx
    http://youshoulddancewithme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice I really want to try the foundation xx

      Delete
  3. i think the mua nail thingy looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for the buffing brush! I absolutely adore mine- its worth the money just for that one but i do also use and love the foundation brush (I apply foundation with this one and spread it evenly and then buff it in with the foundation brush) and the contour brush for blush/bronzer/highlighter. The buffing brush makes applying foundation SO quick and easy. I think its such a unique brush.

    The stippling one i use for blush- its duo fibre and really similar to a mac 187 etc. Its nice and i'm glad i own it but i wouldn't use it for foundation ever as long as i had the buffing brush!

    The healthy mix foundation is great too! :D
    Becky xx
    http://beckysbeautybox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice I'm definitely getting a buffing brush! xxx

      Delete
  5. The MUA polish looks interesting and Cupcake mask from Lush is great :) x

    abrunettesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for a new foundation too, the brush looks so soft x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does everything from Lush have to look so yummy!!! Good picks :) x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried both the foundations and having dry patches often I don't think the Fix Fluid is all that bad. It lasts well on the skin and when applied with a wet brush and with a primer (lasts well without a primer) underneath it doesn't seem to stick to them. However the Healthy Mix Serum is a lot more dewy, but you need a primer underneath as it doesn't last too well on its own. Try the Rimmel primer and also the Revlon one. Hope I helped! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to know then I think I'm going to try the fix fluid then I prefer matte to dewy ones. Thanks for your advice! xxx

      Delete
  9. You seriously made me want to get Cupcake! It seems like such a great product and I just bet it smells amazing (like all Lush stuff). x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so 'lush' haha I really want it. I haven't smelt it yet but I expect its amazing xx

      Delete
  10. Oh you need to try the Real Techniques buffing brush it's brill:):) and Yes it is a part of the core collection but the contour brush is pretty good too I use it all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your help! I'm going to get the core collection xxx

      Delete
  11. Hello handsome it did not know your blog and it turns out to be to me very interesting so we will continue meeting hereabouts Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought the core collection of the real techniques brushes, can't wait to try them. Love your blog! Now following, would love you to check out mine too. Naomi xx

    www.oneheelforward.blogspot.com

    I am also running a vintage giveaway to win a scarf and gold chain necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you should do a post about them. Thanks honey I'll check out your blog now xx

      Delete
  13. Omg I really want to try the little mua beads! If you get them let me know if there any good?!!!!

    lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I still can't find them anywhere but I will let you know :) xx

      Delete
  14. beautiful blog!!! :)

    www.bspocketbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your #1, Mac's mineralize skin finish. Just recently did a blog about it. It's beautiful!

    alytodgirltalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete