Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

 
Hello lovelies, hope you are all well. I have had such a stodgy few days, not sure if I have eaten too much chocolate or I just can't cook but my stomach definitely isn't feeling too well. My parents are away so I'm cooking for myself, which is a pretty bad idea as I'm limited to fajitas, enchiladas and stir fry's. So I have started to just eat clean food like salads, chicken, rice (nothing too risk really). Hopefully this will help me feel a little better about myself.
 
So today's review is a product which I have been using for a good 3 months now. It's the Macadamia healing oil treatment. I first wanted this when I read in Michelle Keagen's column that she uses this, I immediately knew I had to get it as her hair is just long and shiny and amazing. I was put off by the hefty price tag of £29.95 for the 125ml owchhh. That was until I found it on buyapowa for around £12.95 (best price) plus a teeeny £1.50 postage. Now if you haven't heard of buyapowa it's basically a site where the more buyers who are interested in the product the more the price gets driven down. So it's basically strength in numbers and you can bring people in on the buy and get yours free! So if you haven't already signed up to the site I strongly suggest you do as it's free and amazing.
 
So I purchased my lovely little oil and couldn't wait to open it. It comes in a lovely glass bottle with a pretty brown and green colour theme. The pump is also a brilliant feature as you may know hair oils can get a little messy. So just one pump and this dispenses enough oil for my booby length hair (not sure how else to describe it). It's quite a heavy bottle so if I was to travel I would probably have to decant it into a little pot, or they do sell a mini version without the pump.
 
So one pump gives enough oil for the ends of my hair, you can see the amount below (sorry for the crappy picture quality, currently lost my camera charger so these are courtesy of the iPad). What you notice first about the oil is the smell. I'm pants at describing smells but it's florally luxurious and just lovely. The oil itself is quite runny and goldish colour. So I rub my hands together and then slap this on the ends of my wet hair working up to the mid lengths. I would say it's best to get the excess water out of your hair before applying this so you don't dilute the product too much. I wouldn't say that my wet hair feels instantly softer when I apply this but it does make it easier to brush.

 
So once I have applied this I dry my hair. Now one thing I must say what I noticed after the first use was how quick and easy it was to dry my hair. I have really thick dyed hair, which takes forever to dry. But Macadamia claim this 'reduces drying time by 40-50%' and I definitely agree with this. It's a miracle product which allows me to dry my hair in 10minutes and I no longer get a dead arm from holding the hair dryer for 20 minutes.
 
When your hair is dry you really will see the results of this amazing oil. Not only was my hair soft but shiny and I couldn't stop touching it or smelling the lovely scent it leaves. I use this product every time I wash my hair which is 2-3 times a week and after ever use my hair is still soft and shiny. I also feel it has helped my hair grow so much. I had my roots highlighted just 5 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago I was like oh god my roots are horrific. So this product has definitely helped with the growth of my hair and also sealing split ends that I have. Overall I really love this product and cannot remember life without it. I have heard great things about the Moroccan Oil but why would I need that when I'm so happy with this. It was such a good price too that when it popped up again on Buyapowa 2 weeks later I got myself another bottle. The 125ml bottle will probably last me until like Autumn it's such a good size and lasts soooo long. I would definitely recommend this if like me you have blonde/highlighted hair which can lack shine and lustre, or if you want to improve the strength/growth of your hair. Hope you enjoyed reading, I'm now going to book my highlights in because my roots are terrible thanks to this product haha. Take care...
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Oooh I really want to try this! I've heard so many good things! Great review :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely hair treatment, go for it xxx

      Delete
  2. I've been using this too, how amazing is it?! my hair is in such better condition from this. I used Moroccan Oil before trying this and I actually preferred this one, so you're better off with this :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so good to hear, I didn't fancy splurging I don't know how many pennies on Morrocan Oil haha xx

      Delete
  3. I follow your blog, please follow me back on
    www.dede-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing! I'm currently in the look out for a new hair oil & I can't decide between this or Moroccan oil arghhh xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! Keeps away the frizz from humidity. I always carry a little size of this oil in my handbag whenever I need to keep away dry ends or fly aways. You have a wonderful blog btw.
    Beauty Bubble Blog

    ReplyDelete