Wednesday, 3 April 2013

March Favourites


This is my all time favourite body butter. I have been waiting to use it for ages as I got it before Christmas but I needed to use up all my other moisturisers and butters before I used this. It's so luxurious and thick and melts into your skin like a dream. I use it once a day and my skin smells amazing! Coconut is my favourite scent but all of the butters are gorgeous, I do like the Strawberry and Satsuma ones too. I'm pretty sure they have changed the packaging on this now but I'm sure the butter itself is still as amazing.
 
Again this is another trusty body shop product. I first learnt about this as my brother uses it and he is a racing car mechanic and his hands are so dry and well battered really. My hands have been really dry recently, probably due to the horrible British weather we are experiencing. I do have really bad eczema between my thumb and finger on my left hand and this cream helps to soothe it so much. It's a very thick cream which I shall probably do a review on as you can tell from the bottle this is a firm favourite of mine. It's not a very pleasant smell but it's so moisturising and thick, probably only good for you if you do suffer from very dry hands. This has been a saviour for me, thank you body shop.
 
This foot cream is from the Burt's Bees tips and toes kit but you can buy a full sized product which I think I may have to as this one is now empty. My feet have been feeling rather neglected this year as I have been rushed off my feet teaching and just being a busy bee! So this product is such a saviour for my run down feet. I wouldn't call it a cream it's more of a yellow thick gel. I rub this into my feet then I pop on some moisturising cotton socks to help it sink into my feet. This seriously smells amazing, like coconut but with a subtle minty smell too.
 
The first make-up product in my March favourites is the well known Revlon lip butters this one is in tutti-frutti. I'm not overly keen on the shade of this as I'm pretty pale right now and in desperate need of a tan. Although I know this will be the perfect colour for Summer. It's an orange colour but these lip butters are so glossy and super moisturising on your lips. The packaging is also so lovely and the colours of the tubes represent the colour inside, which is helpful. I want to pick up some pink shades and I really like the look of the watermelon one. I can see a spending spree coming up, eeeek.
 
I have this nail strengthener in the original formula and also the matte. I got the matte first and wasn't overly keen on it. Then I saw both of the polishes up for grabs on buyapowa for like £13.00 and had to snap them up! I have been using this original formula and have been enjoying it much more than the matte one. It's lovely and glossy on your nails and you can also use it below nail varnish as a strengthening base coat. It has helped strengthen my nails up and I had a problem with brittleness and peeling which this has also really helped with.
 
I got this foundation from boots in a 3 for 2 just the other day in shade 52 which is vanilla. This is a pretty light colour but I don't seem to have any foundations which are light enough for me to wear when I don't have a tan or any fake tan on my skin. The first thing I noticed when I swatched this was the smell. Wow! I have never smelt a foundation like it, it's really fruity and just amazing. It also gives a really lovely natural coverage. I don't want to reveal much more about this as I'm going to do a review on it but just an amazing foundation which sits firmly in my favourites.
 
I have been using this for a few months now. I originally got it from some pharmaceutical website but not too sure on the name, but you can get it from boots. This has really helped to clear minor imperfections on my face. I have like small blackheads on my nose and chin and this has really smoothed at my skin and they're barely visible now. It's not a quick fix product but you can tell how much I have been using it as I have lost the lid oops. It is on it's last legs but has lasted me like 3 months. I shall do a full review of this product as I most certainly will be repurchasing!
 
 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. Great post, love body shop products :)

    abrunettesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I know they all smell so amazing xx

      Delete
  2. I love all body shop body butters.. i love the coconut and the strawberry they smell yum!!

    fromkirstyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I think they're everyones favourtie aren't they, love them! xxx

      Delete
  3. i love the burt's bees moisturisers. they smell amazing as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really lovely products don't they, the lip balms are amazing too xx

      Delete
  4. I love the body shop body butters ! My fav is the peach one :) Check my blog out and follow if you like <3

    http://beautybysania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I have yet to try the peach one! Of course lovely xxx

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to read your review of the Bourjois foundation. just read someone else's and it's definitely appealing to me!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww i'll try get it up this week for you it's a lovely foundation! xxx

      Delete
  6. I love the Body Shop body butters and their hand cream! I wasn't such a fan of the La Roche Posay effaclar duo though its dried my skin out a bit
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blotspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a pity, I only use it on spotty areas like my nose, chin t-zone though and I use it under my moisturiser which could help xxx

      Delete
  7. I am also struggling with eczema on my right hand, it really does get awful from time to time, but it has calmed on recently, but I have to apply steroid creams everyday ): Will have to check out The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I had a big problem with steroid cream last year and stopped using them completely for a while. Try to only use them when it flares up and gets red, the hemp cream really works though! xxx

      Delete
  8. Great post hun! <3 I adore The Body Shop body butters! They moisturize so well! Tutti-Frutti is one of my favorite lip butters from Revlon!

    I am having an International Giveaway on my blog and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win Chanel lipstick and some Maybelline goodies! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!
      Oooh sounds brilliant I'll have to check that out xxx

      Delete
  9. Lovely post, I'm a huge fan of the body shop coconut body butter, its smells so delicious, I think coconut has to be one of my most favourite smelling things too. x

    Danielle

    Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it. So weird though I love the smell of coconut and coconut water but hate the taste ha xxx

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice favourites! I have tutti fruitti, lollipop and cupcake on my wishlist for lipbutters, but i have been using strawberry shortcake religiously. OPI nail envy is a godsend!

    ReplyDelete