Friday, 14 March 2014

Garnier Ultimate Blends Review

 


 
Happy Friday everyone!
A few weeks ago I received a rather unexpected package in the post. I opened it to reveal a lovely black box with 3 beautifully presented products inside. The products are part of Garnier's ultimate blends* range of haircare. My box, which was specifically matched to my hair type, contained  the silky smoother shampoo, conditioner and 1 minute polishing scrub. I was so intrigued about the polishing scrub as I hadn't seen any other hair products on the market like this one! In case your wondering my hair type is highlighted, prone to split ends but thick. The silky smoother range claims to be tailor made for mid-long hair with split ends.
 
I decided to give the products a good 2 week trial to test them out fairly. Now I must say my initial thoughts were pretty good. The smell of the products is amazing. I'm not sure how the other products in the range smell but these are describe as 'Madagascan vanilla milk and Brazilian Papaya extracts'. Which smell so exotic yet naturally beautiful. The products themselves are lovely and make my hair feel really clean and help to get rid of any build up.
As I said before the polishing scrub was the product which really intrigued me. When I opened it and squirted it out into my palm I was surprised to see small little beads, similar to that of a facial bead scrub in the product. They claim to smooth split ends although I was worried that they would actually get stuck in my scalp and be really difficult to get out. But the product proved to be the opposite. I left it on for around 2 minutes and when I rinsed it off my hair was so smooth. I really noticed a difference when drying my hair, noticing how much more manageable it was.
 
I would definitely recommend these products and I am keen to try other products in the range. You can buy these from boots  for around £3 each and they are currently on the 3 for 2 offer!
 
Lots of love, Laura x
 
 

9 comments:

  1. I've never seen a hair scrub before! I actually thought that was a body scrub when I saw it. Very tempted to try it out.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly what I thought but it is such a nice product xx

      Delete
  2. oooh very cool idea! The packaging is very cute

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the other products in the range all look very lovely too xx

      Delete
  3. These look fab! The hair scrub sounds especially interesting! Lovely review! (:

    Kelly x

    http://thebellevieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair scrub was the one I was most excited about too! xx

      Delete
  4. I've read mixed reviews about these, but they sound great so I would love to try!!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't come across many reviews yet but I shall have to keep my eye out xx

      Delete
  5. I have the shampoo and conditioner and I've only just managed to get my hands on the 1 minute treatment so I'm really looking forward to using it now! I don't often straighten my hair these days because I feel the ends are frizzy but this should hopefully help a little until I go for a trim xx

    www.itsalwaysdarkestbeforethedawn1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete