Sunday, 25 May 2014

The Temple Spa Experience

Hi lovelies, I hope you're all well. Again I have had a very busy past few weeks including the big Ofsted inspectors in school this week. However, last weekend I was invited to my friends Temple Spa skin therapy class. Now I have never been to anything like this, not even the Virgin Vie parties, so I had no idea what to expect.

I arrived with no makeup on, except mascara. When I got there everyone was seated around the table and the products were all arranged in the middle of the table surrounded by lovely candles. We each had a skincare questionnaire sheet, a mirror, hairband and a lovely chocolate. We were introduced to temple spa and the lovely consultant Ali, explained temple's spas history and celebrity following (which includes Kylie Minogue, Simon Cowell and Cat Deeley). We then had to tick a number of different statements which applied to our skin which helped Ali to identify our skin type. My skin type was dry. This step is important as all the products which you then use throughout the session are perfect for your skin type.

 
The session then consisted of us following a total skincare routine mini facial using the products. Ali was very good at explaining the products and how to use them. All the products smell absolutely amazing and are made of natural ingredients inspired by the Mediterranean, which you can really smell. We even got to try the oh so famous skin truffle, which has numerous awards and amazing reviews but retails at £85 eeek. It includes 'Diamond powder, gold and silk clearly do illuminate the skin from first application, testers report;  other key ingredients include black truffles, grapeseed champagne, purifying strawberries and lush cocoa butter, in a cashmere-soft formulation'. It's an amazing product and immediately made my skin look radiant but I can't justify that price.

 
At the end of the session you can choose your products and there are special offers if you buy the products in that specific skincare range. However, I'm quite happy with my routine so I did resist the urge to buy. I did purchase the toning essence (£15). It comes in a handy spray bottle and it doesn't have any alcohol in (which is the perfect toner for me). There are no nasty chemicals in this, which I find some toners end up stinging and irritating my face. It also smells amazing with Mediterranean staples such as tomatoes, basil, orange, lime, lemon, mandarin, ginger, lavender and melon. After using it I really am wanting to buy the rest of the range now. Another one of my friends is having a party in 2 weeks though so I'm sure I will be purchasing more!


 
Have you heard of The Temple Spa before? Can you recommend any products?




10 comments:

  1. such a lovely post!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. take a peek at my £250+ beauty giveaway, if you fancy! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I definitely will xxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a super luxe day! I've never heard of Temple Spa before but they definitely sound lovely.

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lovely products I would definitely suggest you have a look at the products. Xx

      Delete
  3. I've never been to a spa before! I'd love to go, this one sounds so lovely x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no actually sure if they have a spa but it's like a spa session in your home, very relaxing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds so relaxing! I would love to have a spa day I've never had one before
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this sounds amazing! I've never been to a spa before, but I'd love to xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks gorgeous, reminds me a bit of Jo Malone? And the spa sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! My sisters best friend works at temple spa, I have never been there before but she has given me products to try before and they are amazing! They are so natural and feel so good on your skin. One of my favourites is the face mask. :)

    ReplyDelete