Sunday, 8 June 2014

May Favourites


Oh wow! How quickly are the months going this year. It's only 40 something days until the 6 weeks holidays and honestly it can't come any sooner. I haven't done one of these favourite posts for a while now but I feel that because of this the products I am discussing are those that I have been loving for a while now but I haven't shared them. So lets get on with it...
 
Mac Blush in Harmony - Now because I went on holiday at Easter I have got quite the sun kissed skin and I found it tricky to find a bronzer that worked well as a contour. My brother bought me this blush for my birthday back in February but because it is quite dark I never got much use out of it. However, now my skin is darker it works perfectly! It's a perfect contour colour, without being to orangey. I use my real techniques brush to apply it but I feel that this makes it go on a little streaky so if you have any contour brush recommendations please let me know!
 
Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach - This is one of those lip products I am really starting to love now the sun is shining! I'm sort of feeling like this is a holiday makeup post but it's not! I swear! This is such a gorgeous peachy pink colour without being too bold. I don't tend to go for the bold lips, my favourite mac lipstick being crème cup! This shade looks gorgeous with a tan and you can tell I've used it that much the writing has all rubbed off. Whooops.
 
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream - Now to be honest I'm baffled by all of the CC, BB jargon. I just know that they are not as heavy as a foundation and I like that. I hate heavy foundations and only wear my Nars Sheer Glow for special occasions. I do prefer to go bare faced but when I feel I need a bit of cover this is perfect. Again it's one of those products which is perfect for Summer, as it has an SPF 15 in. It basically covers any imperfections and hides any odd patches or discolouring in your skin. I definitely recommend this one I just wish they did darker shades.
 
Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray- This product is a little gem and if you don't have it I recommend you go and buy it! I bought mine in duty free as they do a really good package where you get the eye roll on, the moisture surge moisturiser and this spray. It is so ideal for holidays, hot sunny days and travelling! I use it on the aeroplane to give my skin a little hydration. It's basically a moisturising spray, which is the perfect size to fit in your travel makeup bag. It also works so well at cooling the skin down. I love you Clinique!
 
Natures Garden Sea Kelp - Now you may see that on the bottle it says these tablets are for weight management. However, this is not why I take them. Sea kelp is said to have ingredients which boost hair growth, nutrients to strengthen hair and it helps to prevent split ends and damage. Now I've tried every hair growth trick under the sun and I really do think these tablets are effective. I take them every day and my hair is getting longer (even though I get regular trims). It appears healthier and hey I'm happy with that! You can get these tablets from Holland and Barrett.
 
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Light - I was so confused when I first saw these come out. Is it a mousse? Is it a conditioner? What is it? Well its basically a conditioning mousse you use after shampooing and it claims to boost volume whilst conditioning your hair. Now I  am very much in love with the Aussie range and their amazing smells so I'll try anything from them. But this product is something else. It makes my hair feel amazing and bouncy but without the crunchy mousse weighed down feeling. I really don't know how it works because you wash it out of your hair. But it does? And who am I to question it! This has replaced my original take the heat 3 minute miracle for now and I'm definitely loving it!
 
So that's it! My favourites for the very fast flying month of May! Let me know what you think of these products? What products have made it into your favourites this month?
 
 

28 comments:

  1. The Clinique moisture surge sounds really good <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing I do recommend it if you're travelling! xx

      Delete
  2. I think I need to pop to Holland and Barrett and pick up some sea kelp. I am trying to grow my hair for my wedding next year, so grateful for all tips!

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would recommend you try it. Try coconut oil on your hair too xx

      Delete
  3. Aussie miracle treatments are the best! I love the smell too x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are and they do smell amazing! Xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. I've never tried this CC cream, it looks great.

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem thank you for coming to mine. It's really lovely! Xx

      Delete
  5. I will have to try out that lip crayon. Does it stay on very well?
    http://thegirlinredlipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really long last lasting but it lasts a few hours and is really moisturising xx

      Delete
  6. I love the Aussie hair products, I use the moisturizing range.. They smell lovely as well!x

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they smell amazing, I find the moisturising ones smell better than the take the heat range! Xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. You should! You won't regret it xx

      Delete
  8. I really want to try Mac Harmony!
    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cc cream seems awesome.Gtrat post and blog.Hope you will stop by :)
    www.delatroesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely. Thank you xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Nope they're fab aren't they xx

      Delete
  11. Oooh I love the look of that Bourjois lip crayon, such a perfect summer shade! x
    the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard really good things about that Bourjois CC cream, I'd love to try it.

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh that Aussie product sounds really interesting! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey honey!

    I just found your blog and I reaaaally love it!
    such a great content and lay out!
    suffice it to say, that your outfits are the best!
    I was wandering if you would like to follow each other.
    if so, please let me know that you have followed me and
    I will follow you right back :)

    my blog: www.fashionrailways.com

    my fb: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fashion-Railways/265825453534258

    twitter: https://twitter.com/FRailways

    instagram: http://instagram.com/fashionrailways?ref=badge

    keep in touch!!
    filakiaa (kisses in greek)
    HTTP://WWW.FASHIONRAILWAYS.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Aussie stuff is sooo good! A bit pricey but I love their travel sizes to get masks and stuff - such a fave of mine as well. Great faves! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  16. that MAC blush sounds perfect for contouring!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win £250+ worth of beauty products on my blog right now, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you love the lauren's post on instagram you have to order her two books, they are really awesome ! Thanks for your comment on my blog ! Kisses from Paris !

    dslvfr.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to see how that bronzer looks on! I'm really struggling to find a good bronzer without too much glitter!

    Lauren from Lauren Loves Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete