Saturday, 5 July 2014

June Favourites

 

Hello lovelies! I cannot believe I am writing this post... where has June gone? Anyway, July has started off so good. Today I went to watch the Grand Depart of the Tour de France. It was amazing. I feel so proud to be from Yorkshire! The atmosphere was unbelievable and it's so nice to see how everyone comes out to show their support. If the Tour is coming near you I really do recommend you go out and get involved! So before I get carried away, onto the favourites...

Clinique | Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm
I've had this cleanser a while now after my brother bought me it for my birthday. Now I was rather worried about how to use this at first. It's not a liquid, it's not a cream but it's like a solidified oil. You literally scoop some into your fingertips and it melts away into a silky oily fluid. I use this all over my face, massaging it in before rinsing or removing with a wet flannel. It even removed my waterproof mascara (it does make your eyes a little blurry though, but never irritates). I honestly cannot get enough of this and it lasts so long. You can get yours for £22 here.

Revlon | Colourburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
This was the very first lip butter I tried. I really wanted to branch out with my lip colours and as this is orange it's a pretty good place to start. It does look rather daunting in the stick, however it applies so lightly and you can build the colour to as light/pigmented as you like. I find it looks beautiful with bronzed skin! It's a lovely formula which is very moisturising and how cute is the packaging! You can get yours for £7.99 here.

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder
Obviously had to have something French in here, stick with Le Tour De France! This is such an amazing bronzer, it's safe to say bourjois definitely do the best bronzers right now. I've had this for a while but never put it to much use. However, I've seen Tanya Burr using it quite a lot and she inspired me to get it back out. It's the perfect matte bronzer which you can use to contour or just for an all over bronze. It also smells beautiful, a little bit like chocolate. If you want to be all bronzed up you can get this for £7.99 here.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner | Black
I have seen so many mixed reviews on this. It was recently a gift in Glamour magazine and I have used it every day since. First of all I only really use the felt tip liquid liners as I find brushes so difficult. But I really do not find it scratchy at all. It goes on so easily and smooth and it's really helped me to create a winged eye. It stays on all day, without any smudging or bleeding.  I honestly do not know why people have had so many problems? Maybe it's because I got mine from Marks & Spencers? I cannot recommend this enough, you can get yours for £12.00 here

Lee Stafford Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray
So, in the quest to get long Rapunzel hair I have tried reducing the amount of heat I use. This has meant I have been letting my hair dry naturally and sleeping with wet hair eeeeek. Luckily for me I do have wavy hair anyway, however I spray this on wet hair and it looks like I've just stepped out of the sea! I love what salt water does to your hair on holiday and this mimics that look so well. I use this in the morning too to add a little bit more texture, it also smells amazing, as all Lee Stafford products do! If you want beachy waves you can get this for £7.99 here.







18 comments:

  1. The Lee Stafford salt spray is one of my favourites too, it's so great!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving the bronzing powder as well! Xx

    www.sarahsensibility.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Revlon Lip Butters! Great picks :)

    http://babblingboutbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the got2be salt spray and I'm not too keen on it, I may try the lee Stafford one out as it sounds really good!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder I think it's chocolate!! At least it looks yummy. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Clinique cleansing balm sounds great, love the post <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to give this Clinique cleanser a try for a while! May take the plunge!

    http://redlipstickramblings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful post! I need to get my hands on some sea salt spray :P
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like these kinds of posts:)
    Beautiful post!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Clinique Cleansing Balm sounds lovely, I still haven't ventured into the realm of cleansing balms yet but I'll be bearing this one in mind.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've ummed and aahed for ages over whether to spend £8 on a bronzer but I think I'm going to have to just go for it. I have an MUA one which I'm not overly impressed with, and for a matte bronzed look I use one by 2True (Superdrug brand). This always catches my eye in Boots though!! x

    www.itsalwaysdarkestbeforethedawn1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog & have always wanted to try the Revlon Lip Butters but haven't got round to getting one yet!

    http://paigejasmine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. just found your blog and I'm loving it:)
    the lee stafford salt spray sounds right up my street;
    as I'm also trying to use less heat on my hair,
    may need to try that one out:D

    http://beautyoutlookxo.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete