Thursday, 11 September 2014

The Glamour Beauty Power List 2014

 Hello beautifuls. I hope you're all having a lovely week! On Sunday I ran the Bupa Great North Run (half marathon) with my Dad, supporting the Alzheimer's Society. It was such an amazing experience and I'm so proud of myself, considering I couldn't run to the end of the street at the start of the year. It's safe to say I have been making the most of rest days since, however I did go to the new release of metafit at my gym and I have the biggest bruises ever on my knees from the crazy new moves. Anyway I think I definitely deserve the pampering this week so I was very happy when the Glamour Beauty Box showed up at my front door.
 
 

 I know that there are a lot of these beauty boxes on the market, especially those which you can  subscribe to every month. However, what I really love about this box is it's just like a one-off, filled with such amazing products. Glamour definitely know what us beauty obsessives love and they've clearly found the best products to include in this box. The products in the box are the ones that made the Beauty Power List and I must say I am so impressed.


The Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
Obviously the whole reason why I wanted this box in the first place. The Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser is a cult cleanser which is huge with beauty bloggers, vloggers and anyone who loves good skincare. I'm ashamed to say I've never tried it! Although, I cannot wait to get into using this. I love how it comes with it's own little cloth to help cleanse skin leaving it smooth, clean and conditioned. Expect a full review shortly.
 
Eyeko Mascara Off Eye Makeup Remover Wipes
As I lead quite an active lifestyle, running and going to the gym, I do wear waterproof mascara on a daily basis. This means when I exercise I just remove my face makeup and I'm ready to go. But the night time mascara removal routine is a nightmare. This is where these little beauts come in. They're 100% cotton pads which contain aloe extracts and olive oil, which will help that mascara to slide right off whilst conditioning my lashes. These sound brilliant and hopefully will be the saviour I've been needing.
 
Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
Having never tried a bourjois mascara, I am impressed. The packaging is just amazing and bourjois always manage to make their products so pretty. The brush is rather large which helps to coat all of your lashes, without clumping! It does leave my lashes very voluminous but definitely takes more than the second.


 
Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence Conditioning Spray
Now I am obsessed with hair products. I'm always on a mission to get healthy long luscious locks and anything designed to protect my hair is a bonus. Philip Kingsley has been a huge success with their cult product the elactisizer (which I have yet to try).  This spray is designed to protect your hair from daily heat, styling and breakage and can be sprayed into wet hair as a detangler! Sounds amazing to me, it's the perfect little size and smells like an expensive perfume.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
I've only ever tried one primer, the benefit pore-fessional one and I've been happy with it so I never saw a reason to try something else. But this primer is beautiful! It's a lovely creamy gel texture which makes your skin feel amazing. I haven't tested it's longevity yet so cannot comment on whether your makeup stays put for the long run but I'm hoping I'll be very impressed.


 Nude Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick | Coffee Craze
When I first pulled this out of the box I didn't have a clue what it was but noticed it looked like a rather scary coffee colour. Then I swatched it on my hand and found it's the most beautiful creamy 'Kylie Jenner' nude. Everyone knows how huge nude lips are right now and this seems to be the perfect shade. The texture is amazingly creamy and I'm very impressed. I would never usually go for such a shade but that's why these boxes are good. It definitely won't suit all skin tones but it's such a lovely everyday lip colour, for me anyway.



James Read Sleep Mask Tan
I am definitely one for sun kissed skin, the whole year round. But I kind of went off fake tan literally this time last year. I was fed up of the patches and scrubbing your skin until it cried. However this little beauty may have brought back my tanning days. It's said to combine the hydrating effects of a facial with a healthy does of self-tan. Which sounds brilliantly moisturising to me and anything that wont sit on my dry patches is a bonus. You can then wake up with beautifully sun-kissed skin. I'm intrigued and can't wait to try Mr Read.
 
 
I'm super impressed with this box. I just love how you get to try so many products you wouldn't usually consider all for just £15.99. If you'd like to try some of these products you can get your box from here.  What do you think of the The Glamour Beauty Power List Box? Have you tried any of these products before, what are your thoughts?

16 comments:

  1. Had NO idea Glamour even had a box! Love the selection of products, so I will definitely check this out! Thanks for sharing. :) Xo, Alison

    www.simplyfairbyalisonjeanine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's brilliant you definitely should try! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh flip that's awesome! Thanks for blogging this. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE well done with the run, such an important charity! You deserve pamper time - I love that this box has the famous Cleanse & Polish! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it definitely is. Xx

      Delete
  4. Ah I just bought this! So excited to try it out :) Congrats on the run too, such a great achievement! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can't wait! Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fab box - so tempted to get it :) xx

    Brenda | www.brendbausybee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post hun and what a lovely blog :) I'm Jenna btw and recently started a blog on self help, happiness, positivity and motivation. It'd be amazing if you checked it out and tell me what you think :)

    http://www.livenpresent.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. I'll check it out xx

      Delete
  7. I ordered this box the other day and I can't wait for it to arrive xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can't, i was very excited haha xx

      Delete
  8. Wow that's a super good deal. I haven't heard about this box yet but will definitely look into it!

    Just followed you on twitter! :) Would love if you check out my blog.
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing this box on instagram and can't get over how many amazing products you get and for such a good price! I've heard the laura mercier primer is brilliant :)
    Love Holly xx

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete