Saturday, 25 October 2014

Favourite Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow

 Foundation is one of those products I never wore growing up. I remember dipping into different products like the Maybelline dream matte mousse (blast from the past) but never committing to an everyday foundation. In fact, it wasn't until I started university that I would wear foundation for nights out but never in the day. I do believe that not using foundation for quite a while has left me with good skin in my twenties, I get comments about how clear my skin and I think this is down to not wearing face makeup everyday. But when I do go out for special occasions and nights out my go-to foundation is Nars Sheer Glow.


Now the name is the first thing that got me. It definitely isn't glowy and dewy as it sounds but gives you more of a matte flawless finish. I did worry about it sitting on my dry skin but it vanishes into the skin, rather than sitting on the top and looking cakey and really does make my skin look amazing. They have a great range of shades but I like to mix two of my favourites to achieve the best colour. This also means I can use both bottles in Winter and Summer as my skin changes. It really is one of those formulas where a little goes a long way, so it will last you a fairly long time and is a great medium coverage yet buildable foundation! I like to use a buffing brush with mine but recently I've been using the real techniques blending sponge (review to come shortly) which has been really nice too!
 



If you'd like to see this on my skin click here.  It retails for around £31 but it will literally last your forever and is such a great foundation, you wont regret it! You can pick up your Nars Sheer Glow from SpacenkSelfridges or even asos.
 
What's your favourite foundation? Have you tried Nars Sheer Glow before?

30 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to mix too shades, how come i never thought about that! My only problem with foundations is finding a light enough one as i am really pale!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a good idea, then they take you through the whole year! Oh noo that's a pity I do think nars have quite a light one though xx

      Delete
  2. I SO want to try Nars Sheer Glow, always looks and sounds amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nars products. They're also so nice! I use their BB cream and haven't looked back since. Love your photographs by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I need to try the Bb cream! Xx

      Delete
  4. I've never tried any NARS products before but this foundation looks beautiful! I'd love to give it a try! x

    http://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with you and face makeup, I stopped wearing while I had severe acne and my skin improved so much :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much about this but the price has always put me off- sounds like it really is worth it though! xx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the price is rather annoying but a good tip is on asos they sometimes do 10 percent off! Xx

      Delete
  7. Really want to try this product, looks lovely and I love the packaging♥

    Emilyldn.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it on your christmas wish list xx

      Delete
  8. I'm a big fan of Revlon Color Stay as it looks flawless in pictures and lasts literally until you decide to take it off. I've always wanted to give Nars sheer glow a try but as others have said the price has put me off, maybe should put it on my Christmas list
    Life Starts At Eighteen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the color stay just the photo finish which I did like too! Xx

      Delete
  9. Really want to try these foundations!
    Leonie ♥ IkonikBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go and see them at the nars counter xx

      Delete
  10. I love that you mentioned Maybelline mouse.....so funny. I tried that stuff out when I was a teen too!
    The Doctor Diva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think everyone has tried it once! Xx

      Delete
  11. You have such a lovely blog! I followed you on GFC....would you mind following me back? Grea great post, I must try that foundation!

    Beatriz || Classy and Trendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'll go check out your link xx

      Delete
  12. AHH Wish we had Nars is South Africa!!!

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a pity, I'm sure some websites do worldwide delivery but you'd need to know your shade, yes of course xx

      Laura | lauraslittleloves

      Delete
  13. NARS Sheer Glow is my favourite foundation! Love it! I am shade Santa Fee and it's a perfect match for me!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a great shade range don't they! Xx

      Delete
  14. I've heard so much about NARS Sheer Glow, I'd love to try it but being a student its a little out of my price range! I used to stick to the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation but lately I've been using the Max Factor Illuminize foundation :-)

    http://ramblesandbramblesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this review. I am not really good in make up so reading things like this is a big learning from me plus I have brown skin as an asian. I have to blend well with the products.

    www.milallos.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The nars sheer glow has such a good colour range which is brill loved this post and seems like this foundation is a lot of beauty bloggers fave and rightly so :)x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Been testing this... but found it a little bit cakey on me. Will try again maybe with primer to see if it helps. :)

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete