Friday, 3 October 2014

Jerome Russell Bblonde Toner | Champagne Blonde

 
Jerome Russell Bblonde Colour Toner  | Champagne Blonde | £4.49*
  

Having blonde hair it's a constant battle between keeping your colour refreshed and maintaining the strength and health of your hair. I was recently asked if I'd like to try a hair toner by Jerome Russell Bblonde and jumped at the opportunity. I have tried the powder bleach from the Bblonde range and I loved using it as it was so easy to colour my roots with but obviously using bleach every 5 weeks meant I had to stop otherwise my hair would've been in terrible condition. However, this time I was using a toner. If you haven't used a toner before they are basically a colour refresher which can be used to neutralise unwanted tones or temporarily add tones. The toners in the range are for use on pre-lightened and naturally blonde hair and have no ammonia or peroxide which means they are kind to your hair. I chose the champagne blonde as I wanted to refresh my blonde but I didn't want the silver tones.
 
 Of course I was a little nervous as I am whenever I do anything to my hair. But the instructions are so easy to follow and be sure to do the strand test first in case of allergies and to see how long you might need to keep the toner on for. You apply this to towel dried hair so shampooed not conditioned then loosely dried. It comes out in a shampoo like consistency which smelt lovely and was a non-drip formula. I used the full bottle, applying to the lengths then working up and into the roots. I then stuck on a shower cap and heated it up with my hair dryer for 5 minutes. After half an hour I rinsed my hair and conditioned as normal.
 

My hair felt super soft and in great condition. I dried it off with a hair dryer to reveal the results and I'm impressed. It's no huge change but remember it isn't a hair colour. I feel it's refreshed my colour and even given me an extra few weeks before I need highlights again. I was afraid that I would end up with pink blushed hair but I definitely don't have this, just beautiful beige shades instead. If your looking to refresh your hair colour and neutralise brassiness for an affordable price of £4.49 you should definitely try this range. You can view the range at jeromerussell.co.uk or buy yours here and here.
 
 
Have you tried any of the Jerome Russell Bblonde range? What do you do to maintain your hair colour?
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. I've tried they're products before and I love them! I'll have to try this out as your hair looks gorgeous! xoxo

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Yes you should have a go and let me know what you think xx

      Delete
  2. I've recently gone blonde and am looking for a good toner, I used wella t18 for a whole which is good but made my roots go ginger! Do you know if this would make my roots go ginger? My hairs naturally dark so my roots are pretty dark xx

    http://www.roxancolex.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried a Wella one before but I don't think this one will make your roots ginger. I have dark roots in comparison to my hair and it just sort of blended my blonde in with them. You should definitely try it, even do a little patch test at the side or something :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds great for giving your highlights a few weeks longer
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like a really great product!
    http://blackondenim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good, and what a huge bargain! When I saw the first photo and the Bumble & Bumble-esque packaging I expected the price to be a lot higher! What a great little toner!

    Alexandra ♡
    efflorescentdream.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I never thought of that but it does look like Bumble and Bumble! xx

      Delete
  6. If only I was a blonde! I'd definitely purchase this!! You have absolutely convinced me!! Maybe I'll go blonde hahaha :)

    Serene

    xoxox

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh well I'm glad that I'm very convincing haha! xx

      Delete
  7. Love your blog! I just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin, would you please follow me back? :)
    Michaella from http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'll go check out your bog now xx

      Delete