Monday, 27 October 2014

Real Techniques: Nic's Picks




Sam and Nic (pixiwoo) really do know how to make the best brushes at an affordable price. Mac
brushes are amazing but £21 for one brush is just crazy to me. Whereas with the real techniques sets you can get 5 brushes for the same price of one Mac brush. Having previously purchases the core face and eye sets I have been won over by the brushes ever since. I knew I had to pick up the limited edition Nic's Picks Set. I actualy bought mine from their USA site as even with postage it worked out at around £21.99 much cheaper than boots which is crazy. Superdrug do have them on offer now though so pick them up here.
 
The set consists of 5 brushes, 3 of these are exclusive to this set. I love the silver chrome finish and the matte black handles on them, they look very luxurious sat amongst my other brushes. As always the bristles are super soft and I haven't noticed a great deal of shedding.

 The top two face brushes you can see here are the duo-fibre face brush and the cheek brush. The duo-fibre face brush is one of my favourites already. It's super super soft and the bristles work so well at lightly dusting powder over my skin. I really love using this to powder under my eyes because it's so light to use and leaves your skin looking flawless!

The cheek brush is a great shape as it's tapered into a round shape, meaning it's great for applying blushes and bronzers precisely. It also works great with cream products, blending them in effortlessly. Again this brush is super soft and another favourite.


The angled shadow brush is designed with the perfect cut for layering different eyeshadows in the crease of your eyelid. Again it is quite a fluffy brush which does make it good for blending and applying shadows seamlessly.
 
The base shadow brush is one I already own from the starter set but even so I'm happy to have antoher. This means I can have a clean brush for layering different eyeshadows. The dome shape of this brush is very clever as you use the flat side to pack on eyeshadow and the soft bottom bristles to blend it in perfectly. If you've ever seen pixiwoos youtube tutorials you'll also see how they love to use this for under eye concealer too.
 
The eyeliner brush is one that I haven't got a great deal of use out of so far. I don't tend to use gel or cream eyeliner but I think it would be great to use to apply shadow close to my lash line. The bristles are pretty dense and it's quite a small brush and I found the eyeliner brush in the starter set to be rather long and difficult to use. I also think it's a great shape to use through your brows, so I'm going to give that a go and I'll let you know what I think.

 
What's your favourite brush brand? Have you tried real techniques?









 

68 comments:

  1. They look soo good! Definitely need to get my hands on these! Really want to try Zoeva brushes too, especially the Rose Gold set. So beautiful!

    http://its-sarra.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh yes zoeva rose gold tempt me everyday ha xx

      Delete
  2. I really don't need new brushes but I love the look of this and with Superdrug having £10 off it's just soooo tempting!!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is very tempting! xx

      Delete
  3. I love using real techniques brushes! I need this collection now though! x

    http://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real techniques are my absolute fave right now they have a really good collection dno't they? cant go wrong :) x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good and great value xx

      Delete
  5. These brushes look like they are really great quality! Do you know if they sell them in stores anywhere, or just online? The price is definitely great!

    Jennifer Ashley
    www.prettylittledetails.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good! Yes boots and superdrug stock them in the UK, I'm not sure about the rest of the world though xx

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to get real techinque brushes this christmas! they're fab

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah get them on your Xmas list! xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Definitely, I'd love to know how you find them xx

      Delete
  8. I'm so jealous. The brushes look so amazing and fluffy!

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant, you should try them xx

      Delete
  9. I love the silver handles of these brushes! They look amazing! And what a bargain, I will try to get them before the Superdrug offer finishes! x
    Mummy's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant, yeah you should definitely make the most of the offer haha
      xx

      Delete
  10. Loved reading this. Would love it if you could check out my latest look book! And maybe follow each other too?
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only recently discovered real techniques brushes, I have the expert face brush and it's amazzzing, I didn't realise how much of an effect a brush could have! This set looks awesome!

    cottonandcandie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant aren't they. That's one brush I've heard great things about but haven't tried yet! xx

      Delete
  12. These brushes look so good, I want to get some for Christmas as I have no good brushes at the moment :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes get them on your wishlist! xx

      Delete
  13. Those are awsome! I love the silver chrome finish and the matte black handles on them too!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very aesthetically pleasing aren't they haha xx

      Delete
  14. I love MAC and Real Techniques when it comes to makeup brushes. I have also discovered the new brushes that Sephora released this year and they are really good too!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they! I've heard zoeva brushes are brilliant too xx

      Delete
  15. Ive had ELF brushes for years but Id love to try real techniques! maybe next payday:)

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've honestly never tried elf but I love RT brushes xx

      Delete
  16. I love the other real technique brushes - they are of such high quality it makes me really want to try these ones! the packaging on these look lovely, and if they are as good quality as the previous ones they will become a firm favourite in my brush collection!!

    http://www.redlipstickramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all so great aren't they xx

      Delete
  17. These look fab. I have some mac brushes on the way in the post and I can't wait for them to come!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh can't wait to hear about those xx

      Delete
  18. This brush range looks lovely - I love RealTechniques, fab quality at really affordable prices!

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant aren't they xx

      Delete
  19. This set looks so luxe compared to other RT brushes. I love the silver handles and think the set has a great mix of brushes :D. I love RT brushes for their affordable prices and recently I've also been loving Zoeva brushes x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very luxurious yes!! I need to try zoeva, the rose gold set are beautiful xx

      Delete
  20. I'm so tempted to pick this set up, especially as it's on sale in Superdrug at the moment like you say. I have the Travel Essentials Kit which I love and this looks like a must have set to add to my brush collection! :) It's definitely something to add to the Christmas wishlist!

    Ellis - Ellis Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried that little set but all their brushes are brilliant! xx

      Delete
  21. I check this out in Boots every time is go in there lately. You gotta love RT :)

    I'm going to follow! Would love it if you follow back xoxo

    http://jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you should get them! Thanks lovely of course i'll go check your blog out xx

      Delete
  22. Thank you so much for sharing this review. I'm loving RT brushes and I've had my eye on this set. Definitely on my wishlist.

    Do you wanna follow each other? Let me know on my blog! xo

    FASHIONISTA LOOKS
    MY LATEST POST
    Facebook
    Instagram
    bloglovin
    Twitter
    Youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all thanks for reading :)
      Of course i'll check your blog out xx

      Delete
  23. Wow this looks so pretty! Love the shiny handles haha and I agree with you that its such great value :) Great review!

    Loves of Lucy | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm going to buy this tomorrow! I need them all... Well I probably don't but don't tell anyone ;) xx

    Alice Anne | Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've had my eyes on getting this!!! I love Real technique brushes :-) I usually use them / bobbi Brown or Mac ones

    Serene xoxo
    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know what the bobby brown brushes are like xx

      Delete
  26. I need this set in my life! I am a huge fan of Real Technique brushes!

    www.weloveswatches.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The RT brushes are the best ever - their Expert Face Brush is my fave. This looks like a great set, I love the silver chrome finish :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  28. i have an overall face brush from them and i love it!! so soft and applies my face powder really nicely!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah is it the big one? I've been eyeing up that haha xx

      Delete
  29. I've never tried any of the Real Techniques brushes but all I read is wonderful things about them! I really need to buy at least one and see for myself ahah

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love real techniques and I really want to try this set it looks amazing!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your blog, I'm following you, can you please follow me back?
    Please check my blog --> My lips are Poison

    xx
    Ly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sure I'll go and have a look xx

      Delete
  32. These brushes look amazing! I just use cheap brushes from the drug store... nothing fancy. does the trick though. But I should probably invest in some nicer ones!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're great value for the quality you get :)
      xx

      Delete