Friday, 28 November 2014

Christmas Gift Guide | The Fitness Edit

With Christmas very quickly approaching and new years resolutions soon to be on the cards I thought I'd share with you my Top Fitness Christmas Gifts! For all those who may have some fitness fanatics in their family or want some ideas for their own Christmas wish list! I've tried to include some of the basics that everybody should have in their life, you'll definitely thank me come January 1st!



 
1. My Protein Foam Roller | £10.79 | link
Foam rolling is such an important part of exercise and recovery. I must admit I am guilty of not being a regular roller but I try to make up for it with the stretching I do. Foam rolling is great to relieve muscle aches and pains, especially for runners who get terrible shin splints (like myself). There are so many youtube videos out there too, explaining the techniques to use for different areas. I for one will have this on my Christmas list. My protein have also asked me to include a link to their brilliant discount and voucher codes page here.
 
2. Nike Diamond Iphone 5 Running Band | £22.50 | link
So maybe this is quite pricey for a running armband but trust me it's worth it. The amount of armbands I went through before I finally purchased this one. It's so comfortable doesn't move at all and is super easy to use. I must warn you though, the armband is quite small, for me it's fine but if you have quite a large upper arm you might need to try the men's one.
 
3. Incredible by Victoria's Secret Sport Bra | £33 | link
Definitely this best sports bras I have ever tried! They're the comfiest, securest yet stylish sports bras I've found. They give you a lot of support but also look rather amazing under your gym vest. They're most certainly worth the pennies and because they're like bra sizing, the fit is perfect, much better than any sports bra brands I've tried.
 
4.  Polar M400 GPS Heart Rate Monitor | £157 | link
I had to include a techy gift in this post and this was the obvious choice. Polar are like the Daddy of all fitness watches. This one in particular can track pace, distance and altitude and can help you find your way home with the built in GPS. It also works as a trainer where you can play, syn and share your training whilst setting yourself targets to conquer your PBs. The heart rate monitor also means you can train at the right intensity for your personal goals. Any fitness bunny would be ecstatic with this baby!
 
5. Breville Blend Active | £19.50 | link
Now this is something I've got on my own list to Santa this year. A much more reasonably priced alternative to the Nutri bullet. A great little blender which mixes and blends up a one-person portion of smoothie, juice or sports drink. I'm already planning all the brilliant smoothies I'll be making!!
 
6. Nike X Liberty Trainers | £95 | link
Now what an amazing collab this is. The style and comfort of Nike with the beautiful design and print by Liberty. Obviously on the pricey side but these are just such amazing trainers! I obviously wouldn't be running 10miles in them but they'd be great for the gym and also on your daily commute or shopping spree!!
 
7. Nike Training Kit | £22.50 | link
This is a great kit for those who don't have pricey gym memberships or would much rather workout in the comfort of their own home. Resistance bands have been playing a great part in my workouts recently and there are so many youtube videos of how to use them effectively. Skipping is great to raise your heartbeat and burn off a few Christmas chocolates!
 
8. Yurbuds Inspire Talk In-Ear Headphones | £21 | link
I've raved so much about these headphones before, even writing a review here. They're just a brilliant idea, they stay in your ears through wind, rain and even when you pull on them. These ones are great because they have the one-touch control and microphone which makes it easier to use when running or working out. I urge you all to purchase!!


What fitness picks have you got on your wishlist? Will you be getting these for any of your loved ones?




21 comments:

  1. I love the Nike Training Kit! I should buy it for my best friend
    My lips are Poison

    xx
    Ly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would make a perfect present xx

      Delete
  2. Must try out the VS brs, have you tried the Nikey ones? loved this post Laura

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should, yeah I've got a few Nike ones but they just aren't as good as VS ones. Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  3. The Blend Active is great! We have one in our flat and its great for smoothies on the go :) Lovely post Laura, I think I'll refer back to it next time I'm on one of my crazy health kicks!

    http://alexandrakaty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh brilliant! I need to give it a go. Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  4. My bf uses a foam roller religiously, he swears by it!

    xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, I definitely need to do it more xx

      Delete
  5. Liking the sound of the Blend Active! I've been looking for something cheaper than the Nutri Bullet, so thanks for sharing!

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's great value and virtually the same xx

      Delete
  6. Great wish list, I'd love one of those little blenders for myself!

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Get one on your wish list! xx

      Delete
  7. Hello! Nice blog!
    Follow me and I will follow back)

    Follow this blog please! My Blog: violaceous_flavor
    Write me if you follow me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, if you want to follow go ahead. I'll go check your blog out xx

      Delete
  8. That Nike Training Kit is now on my wishlist! Great post and thank you for the recommedations! :)

    Blonde and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fitness stuff can be so pricy sometimes!x

    http://styleflaw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete