Friday, 14 November 2014

Fitness Friday | Coconut Joy with My Protein

 
 
I was recently contacted by myprotein.com to ask if I'd like to try some of their products. Myprotein is a brand I haven't come across before and with my love of fitness I was so keen to try their range. They don't just stock protein powders, infact their products range from protein waters to snack bars and vitamins and capsules. As I have a huge obsession with coconut I had to try their Chocolate Coconut Whey Protein Powder and also their Coconpure Coconut Oil.
 
*My Protein | Impact Whey Protein | £12.79 for 1kg
 A common misconception is that protein powders will make you look like Popeye. This is definitely not true, it takes a hell of a lot of work for us women to build mass muscle and drinking protein isn't going to do it for you. In fact research has found that protein can actually help to reduce body fat therefore aiding weight loss. But anyway that's not my goal, I take protein to help control my protein intake (as I don't eat any red meats) but also to help with recovery. I was a little unsure about the flavours at first as in the past I've tried protein shakes which were vile. But with this one I needn't worry, it tastes absolutely amazing and so much nicer and healthier than any chocolate bar. You can also buy the smaller sample sachets, like above, before committing to the larger pouch. It was really easy to mix up and I didn't end up with any lumps. I can't wait to try some of the other flavours in the range such as; rocky road, chocolate peanut butter and jam roly poly (yes you read that right).
 
*My Protein | Coconpure Coconut Oil | £9.99 for 460g
 
 
The second product I tried was their 100% organic Coconpure Coconut Oil. Coconut oils play a big part in my diet and I used them for cooking, frying and even in smoothies. They're a healthy alternative to your usual oils with unique saturated fat content making it the healthiest dietary oil around. As expected it's brilliant, really easy to scoop out  (use a spoon) with a great taste and I know the size of this will last me such a long time making it great value! Go check out there product range here.
 
Do you use protein powders as part of your diet? Have you come across my protein before?
 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Myself and my boyfriend use protein powders! Haven't heard of these before xoxo

    jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, you should both check them out though xx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any protein products before but I've always wanted to! The flavours sound yummy x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely need to, myprotein have such a great range of flavours too! xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, I take protein powders from myprotein but only when I train intense as I don't want to depend on them!

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if you're happy with your protein intake you're all good :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love My Protein, I always buy my protein shakes off of them!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i'm already impressed by them so will definitely be going back xx

      Delete
  5. I'm coconut obsessed too - really want to get some coconut protein powder!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love coconut you need to try this! xx

      Delete
  6. Very informational. I didnt know you can use it to help replace meats in your diet. If I ever commit to going vegetarian I totally will use this! :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    P.S GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG, CLICK HERE TO VIEW!<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems so yummy!! I love finding things like this - healthy but super yummy! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love myprotein! It was my boyfriend who turned me on to them when I decided to start working out and lose weight (lost about 2 stone so far!!) I find they are cheaper than other powders out there and they are great quality with a huge range of flavours. I like to mix mine with hazelnut or almond milk and its delicious!

    alexandrakaty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete