Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Glowing Winter Skin | Balance Me Face Oil

Balance Me Radiance Face Oil | £30.00 for 30ml | link
As the temperature here in England has finally began to drop this means time for the central heating to be turned up and wrapping up warm in snuggly jumpers. But with the cold, brisk Winter air comes dry skin, suffering from both the cold and sudden change in temperatures as you step into a snug house! I find that in Winter time my skin suddenly changes to the 'very dry' skin category. Flaking around my cheeks and in-between my eyebrows is all too common. One way I look at controlling this is through my skin care by using thicker moisturisers and overnight creams. However one little beauty I have come across is the Balance Me Radiance Face Oil.
Previously if you would have told me to put an oil on my face I would've thought you were plain old silly. But after using cleansing oils and butters and seeing the difference they've made to my skin I was more than willing to give it a go. This is a much smaller version of the 30ml bottle which Balance Me sell, which I believe came in my Glamour beauty box a few months ago. As it's a smaller bottle it comes in a roll on which makes it super easy to roll on straight to those dry areas of my face.

The oil is designed to be applied morning and night, I apply a moisturiser over the top too to lock in moisture and because it's so light it absorbs quickly into my skin. The oil itself is packed with conditioning moringa and camellia oils along with calming Roman chamomile, yarrow and benzoin which is said to enhance skin of all ages and types. It has a beautiful scent too with a delicious orange blossom aroma which is a bit of a pick me up on a morning!

I'd definitely recommend this not just for dry skin but for all types of skin. It works great at protecting your skin from the brisk air but also rehydrating skin on a night time. Which means on a morning you wake up with beautifully soft, glowing skin. It is quite expensive at £30 but you only need 2 drops for the whole of your face, so it will last such a long time.
What do you use on your face throughout the Winter months?

26 comments:

  1. My acne prone skin made me really cautious with putting any oils on my face. However, the last 2 years I started using some and I've seen a big difference on my skin. At the moment it still is quite hot here in Cyprus, so I'm still using my Effaclar Duo by La Roche-Posay. Once the cold weather though makes its appearance, I'll definitely switch to something more moisturising. This one sounds really nice and I'll have it in mind ;)

    Christina | christina77star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant to hear, I still use my effaclar duo it is very good but more of a summer product true! xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking product, thanks for sharing! <3

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always hesitate when it comes to facial oil but this one actually sounds really good!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds great! I just layer on moisteriser

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if you have a thick moisturiser you're usually ok :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Świetny blog ♥
    Jestem u Ciebie po raz pierwszy prawda? I na pewno nie ostatni ! ;)
    zapraszam do mnie w wolnej chwili ;*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shea butter is fantastic during winter! it's as natural as it gets + really moisturising especially after shaving your legs

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes definitely i love shea butter in my body washes and moisturisers xx

      Delete
  7. I have come to swear by Josie Maran 100% pure Argan Oil, I literally just wrote a post about it too! haha I'm interested in researching if this product is available in the U.S. so I can try it. Thanks for the recommendation xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh i've never heard of that i'll have to check it out. Do you have a link?
      xx

      Delete
  8. Sounds lovely! I include an extra step of moisture in my routine, and love a good moisture face mask xoxo

    jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely, I love the clinique moisture mask! xx

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a really great product!

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very lovely!
      I'll check your blog out of course xx

      Delete
  10. I really really want to try this oil, it sounds really good.
    Zeynab x
    The Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found this post after doing my own about winter skincare! I'm so surprised haha :) I love oils but I've been using masks and rich creams too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh haha i'd love to see yours do you have a link?
      xx

      Delete
  12. this sounds really good. I suffer from ridiculously dry skin and i've bee trying to find a product to save it! This may be the answer. :) x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you need to try it, my skin is very dry in Winter I use the clinique moisture mask for extra moisture too. Let me know how you get on xx

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a great facial oil - I've been loving the rodial stemcell super food oil x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I really want to try this oil, I already love the eye cream and cleanse & smooth balm from Balance Me :) x

    Ria @ naturiabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete