Saturday, 8 November 2014

October Favourites

 
 
First of all, I cannot believe we are in November. Christmas trees are going up in stores, festive gift sets and gift guides are popping up everywhere and the temperature has suddenly plummeted. Did I blink and miss the last two months? If you're a regular reader, you'll have noticed I didn't post my monthly favourites for September. Photographing monthly favourites isn't something I enjoy, I spend far too much time worrying and playing about with the product positioning and just never feel satisfied. I think next month you'll be seeing a video in the place of a blog post, I can't wait to get filming now that I've sorted my lighting out. Anyway, onto my top beauty picks for last month...
 
 
 
Sleek I-Divine Eyeshadow Pallette in Storm | link
Like most bloggers and beauty lovers I know, the Naked palettes are my go to eyeshadows for most occasions. But recently I decided to try something a little different in the form of this beauty. I have been loving the cranberry shades for Autumn and the other day I used the blue colours to create the most stunning navy smoky eye. The colours are very pigmented and have very little fall out. For 12 beautiful eyeshadows, 3 of which are matte all for £7.99 it's such great value.

Real Techniques Duo Fibre Face Brush | link
If you saw my review of the Real Techniques limited edition Nic's Picks set, you'll have seen how much I raved about these brushes. With it's soft fibres and perfect application the duo-fibre face brush is definitely one of my favourite brushes. The whole range is stunning with the matte black handles and silver finish but I just cannot believe how soft this brush is. I think you can only get it as part of the set but I'm sure they released a duo-fibre brush collection too.


Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob | link
This is the most perfect lip liner I have ever come across. It's one of those my lips but better shades which works perfectly to outline and even fill in my lips. It's a twist up style liner which makes it so easy to use and gives great volume and definition to my lips. It's the perfect consistency to apply and doesn't drag your lips, for only £3.99 I definitely think I'm going to try the other colours out.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer | link
Now I don't have oily skin nor is my skin really dry at the minute. But I do get dry patches in between my eyebrows and on my cheeks. Even though my current foundation is brilliant it does love to cling on to those little bits of dry skin. This is where this primer has really helped to create a flawless base for my foundation to glide on seamlessly. It's also helped my makeup to last longer and has meant I don't need to powder areas as much!

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm | link
After my bad patch of perioral dermatitis I swore I wouldn't use Vaseline or other lip products with a base of petroleum jelly. But with the colder weather drawing in I needed something to protect my lips against the harsh weather, especially when I go running. Having heard great things about Nuxe I decided to purchase their 20th anniversary lip balm. It's made up of beeswax, butters and vegetable oils meaning is much kinder to lips and has the nicest buttery texture which smells just amazing. I'd recommend this to anyone suffering with dry or chapped lips this Winter.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter | link
This body butter is a creamy, velvety and thick cream which I use twice daily! It's a really intense butter which instantly leaves your skin feeling moisturised and I must add smelling amazing! With skin softening shea butter and aloe vera it really is my Winter skin saviour. The scent it gives is off beautiful, with floral but fruity tones yet it's not too overpowering. Soap and Glory products make the perfect gifts for Christmas, you definitely need to go check out their range!
 
So these are my favourites for the month of October. What were your monthly favourites?










19 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's November either! Here in Cyprus they've already started with the Christmas decorations but I'm not really feeling it! The weather is still nice and warm and it feels more like summer than autumn at the moment..! The Storm Palette and the Nuxe lip balm are a favourite of mine too! I know what you mean about the pictures (I have that problem as well!), and I can't wait to see your video next month! ;)

    Christina | christina77star

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try the nuxe lip balm - my lips have been suffering!! I love that sleek palette too - it is so useful and can do so many different looks :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the righteous butter too! Cannot go wrong with soap and glory Xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get my hands on the Nic's Picks set. I don't think they're been released in the US yet :(

    dyannedavid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! I just bought another lipliner. I never used to wear it.

    xo T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great favorites post! The lip liner color is so nice, and I love the packaging of all the Soap and Glory products!

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! I love anything S&G x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that lip liner so much, it goes well with so many lipsticks! I've nearly finished mine up, I wish you got more in it because it's only about a quarter of a normal lip pencil x

    hannahbutterworth/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Sleek eyeshadow palette looks gorg! I also can't believe it's November.. 2 months and it will be 2015!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sleek palette looks so good! I recently got the rimmel lip liner and laura mercer foundation primer and I love both of them xx

    Kay | What Kay Does

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, I recently got the righteous butter and I'm in love with it :)
    xx
    Mia
    http://theurbanobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. My next post is going to be a monthly favourites too :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice picks - really want to give that Sleek palette a try!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Sleek palette and also really loving the Rimmel lipliner too. I know what you mean, I hate taking photographs of monthly favourites too! I loved your post though. x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, that body butter sounds perfect for winter, definitely checking it out! I'm just falling for everything Soap & Glory it seems... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm - it's so lovely, and nourishing xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE The Righteous Butter, it's incredible! x

    Under Blue Lights

    ReplyDelete