Sunday, 15 February 2015

Fit February | Protein Pancakes

With pancake day on Tuesday I thought I'd prepare a pancake day post but a much healthier option for you all. For me, it's the start of my healthy eating plan as my Caribbean cruise is just 7 weeks today. So expect lots of healthy food posts, exercises and lifestyle posts in the run up to April (no Easter eggs). I've always loved Pancake day and favoured the sweeter options as opposed to a savoury pancake. I've tried my fair share of protein pancakes and have just about mastered the recipe! Obviously, you can adapt the recipe to suit your taste and change the protein flavour, use just eggs whites or choose your own topping! The oats and cinnamon do make it so yummy though!
 

     1 Scoop of Protein Powder
1/2 cup of oats
4 eggs
1 banana
1/2tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of coconut oil
Whatever toppings you want
 
This recipe made 5 pancakes, don't worry I didn't eat them all two was more than enough! I added the eggs, protein powder, oats, banana and cinnamon to my blend active and whizzed them up into a thick mixture. It did take a bit of blending and shaking due to the consistency! Whilst this was whizzing up I added a tbsp. of coconut oil to a small pan and heated it up. When the mixture was all blended I poured the batter into the pan, spreading it out with a spoon! I heated one side for about 2 minutes before flipping to brown the other side. The next steps up to you, you can choose whatever topping you want. I went for honey, strawberries and blueberries. But nutella would've been a good choice for me too! Enjoy your Shrove Tuesday!
 
 What's your favourite pancake topping? Are you  savoury or sweet?
 

15 comments:

  1. I love protein pancakes, these ones look really good! x

    http://ariannachatz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Protein pancakes are so yummy and used to make them a lot! Will defo give your recipe a go. xo

    jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look sooo good!! x
    http://chanbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I was looking for a way to use a whole heap of protein powder which I have. Will have to give this a try! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, these look so good. Plus blueberries & strawberries are my favourites!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been able to get protein pancakes to turn out properly for me. Yours look perfect though!
    Definitely going to try it!

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. THESE look SO good! And much healthier than my pancake recipe!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a sweet pancake lover! I love maple syrup :)

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pancakes look gorgeous! Really refreshing to find a healthy pancake recipe, though I am fond of a good old nutella and banana filled pancake!! x

    Miss Imogen Smith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum these look so good! I haven't had any pancakes today and I'm definitely craving them after reading your post :)
    I love how you've created a healthy pancake recipe too! I can't wait to try it out :)

    Becki | beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so good! Definitely want to make some on Sunday morning :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete