Sunday, 26 April 2015

The Kylie Lip Colour | Mac Brave



MAC Brave | £15.50 | link


I've spoken before on the blog about the Kylie Jenner lip, infact dedicating a whole post to it. Recently, there have been so many ridiculous lips floating about Instagram with the whole 'Kylie Jenner Challenge', which I think is just crazy and cannot understand it. However, it's very clear the whole overdrawn plumped lips are definitely around and staying. Personally, I am not a fan of overdrawing my lips but I am loving the lip colours Kylie chooses. Along with the oh so popular lip liners 'Soar' and' Whirl', the lipstick shades 'Velvet Teddy' and 'Brave' have been the shades to achieve this lip colour.
 
Airport shopping led me to find Mac Brave sitting pretty amongst the Satin finishes. This was to be the staple lip colour for the whole holiday (my apologise but it is why the lipstick is well used in the pictures). The shade is a beautiful creamy dark pink which really gives your lips the 'my lips but better' appearance. Because it's a satin finish I've found that it can look differently in different lights, from undertones of purple to a dark nude. This is what I really like about the lipstick, just how it gives your lips such a beautiful tone and a creamy feel to your lips.
 
What's your favourite lipstick right now? Are you as shocked as me about the Kylie Jenner challenge?

14 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely gorgeous shade! My favourite 'Kylie Jenner' lip colour is Rimmels Provocalips lip colour in Make Your Move. :)

    http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful isn't it! Ah ok i;ve never tried that xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know it's such a beauty xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Oooh i haven't heard of this one, will have to check it out xx

      Delete
  4. I love this shade, i think it is stupid at what lengths people are going to in this challenge! To get bigger lips i slightly over draw mine on the outer corners as they are thinner there and it gives me the perfect kylie jenner lip without looking fake x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, after seeing some of the bruising pictures i'm like what goes through peoples minds? Yeah that's a good way of doing it! xx

      Delete
  5. gorgeous shade! I am after the Kylie Jenner lip look but doing it with lipstick and definitely not doing the challenge!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely and that's what Kylie does anyway! xx

      Delete
  6. I cant believe all the girls that are doing the challenge, and what damages they are doing to their lips. Its crazy!!

    I love this shade, I really want to goto mac now and see it!!

    Im holding a giveaway on my blog, you should check it out
    http://redhairedgirlincheltenham.blogspot.co.uk


    Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup it's insane!!
      Such a beautiful colour though, it's definitely a prettier and safer way to copy her lips ha xx

      Delete
  7. I've never actually swatched Brave, nor have I tried it on but is now on my list to do so. I love the Soar lip liner she apparently uses but still can't get hold of it. xoxo

    jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go! I know I can't find soar anywhere either, so crazy ha xx

      Delete